Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a weekend!

Well, well, well.... things have taken an interesting turn at the Witt house. Mama bragged and bragged about how well I was doing in my big boy bed. On Saturday Uncle Bill & Lauren babysat me so Mama and Dada could go to Auntie Kara's wedding. I think they had a really good time! When they got home Mama came in to tuck me in, as they do EVERY night, and I woke up screaming. Obviously I was much more anxious about my bed then I made people believe. Mama and Dada took turns rocking me, singing to me, and anything else they could think of. At 4:00 in the morning Mama put me in the car and started driving. After 2 deer ran in front of the car she got afraid and came home. By 5:00 in the morning she was ready to try again, so back in the car we went. I finally fell asleep but when we got home and it was time to go to bed I TOTALLY freaked again. Auntie Stacey kidnapped me for a few hours so Mama and Dada could take a quick nap. After 17 hours of this nonsense, Mama paged the doctor on call. She gave Mama the OK to give me some Benedry to help me sleep. Finally, at 8:00 the next night, I feel asleep. Of course you can imagine that my parents were pretty tired after dealing with this for almost 19 hours. Here is a pic of Mama and Dada at the wedding..... look how oblivious they are to what lies ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mama had made plans with Auntie Stacey & Grandma to go to Kiddieland on Monday. Grandma grew up right down the street and used to go as a child. Mama and Auntie Stac went there a lot too! Mama was not sure if she was up to going take me because we were both pretty tired, but she decided that because Kiddieland was closing at the end of season, this was an opportunity too good to pass! Dada told Mama to GO FOR IT. So off we went:-) Personally I think Mama was so nervous about nap time that she felt like going to Kiddieland was an excuse to skip nap. I did sleep about a half hour in the car each way.
The 3 Amigos waiting to get into the park

Thanks Grandma for a special treat!

Giddy Up Horse

Auntie Stacey is a good sport and took me on the spinny ride... "Hi Mama"

XOXO!!!!!!

Vroom Vroom

Because Kiddieland is VERY old, many of the rides don't have safety belts. Colin was doing a great job of holding onto me!

See, he is still holding me!!!

One of my favorite parts of the day was the choo choo ride around the park!

Mama was nervous while I was on this one, but I was so busy ringing the bell and driving I didn't even think twice about trying to climb out!

Monday night: After a long day at Kiddieland it was time to try another night of sleeping. Mama started early b/c she knew I was tired. After an hour and a half of trying to get me to sleep she called her mama for help. Grandma came and tried for an hour and a half. By 10:00 I had worn them both out! They called Uncle Bill to come over and help for one final desperate attempt. I was running around with my Mickey ears on thinking I had won the battle, little did I know they were plotting against me! They moved EVERY last piece of furniture out of my room. It is completely empty except for my toddler bed. They kissed me and shut the door. As you can probably guess, I WENT NUTS! It wasn't easy for Mama but she believes in tough love! I did finally fall asleep, but woke up twice in the middle of the night.
Tuesday: Mama noticed that my week old boo boo was not looking so good this morning. Mama and Dada took me to see the Doc. She said they needed to open it up and clean it out b/c it was starting a nasty infection. Once again I SCREAMED like crazy. Dada held me tight and it was over quickly. I have to take medicine and keep it clean so hopefully it will heal quickly. Boy, I am exhausted! And GUESS WHAT..... I am napping in my big boy bed today!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!! Hopefully this is a turning point. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O...M...G...all this while tired? Janel is thinking of Mama!!!! :) You can do it, Q. Be a good boy as best as you can for Mama and Dada!!