Friday, January 14, 2011

Shake and Serve`

First of all, I am well aware that I am a MAJOR blog slacker. It is on my list to do this weekend:-)

On Monday I took Zachy to Lutheran General for his 3rd swallow study. Basically they put barium in a bottle and watch the food on an xray. At 7 weeks old he has his first swallow study. HOLY MOLY! The food was drowning him! LITERALLY. He had food in his lungs so we are lucky he didn't get pneumonia. Over the past 6 weeks we have had to reschedule his swallow study a few times due to illness and other reasons. Anyways, I took him Monday and he did soooooo great. He is no longer aspirating... YIPPEE! This means that we don't have to premake jugs of formula with a specific amount of thickening gel. It is so wonderful to fill a bottle with water, add a few scoops of formula then shake and serve:-) Hard to believe next month he will be one and ready for milk! Wowza how time flies!!!!!

No comments: